Day 10-My Son
Spent an entire day with my son and it was awesome!
We took public transport to OT during rush hours but he didn't whine that he needed a seat. He occupied himself by absorbing in all the sights as the train took us from our boarding station to destination. While the train was travelling through the tunnel, to kill some time, he proposed to play alphabet game.
At the OT, he listened well, planned his obstacle course and he did some spelling which was a good try. This affirms me that I can entask this boy to set up his game and homebased obstacle course. What an achivement! However, spelling was a challenge for him; the root cause is he gives up easily. We coaxed and helped him to spell out these words using phonics: Elephant, Rabbit and Horse. He sat there, refused to try to spell it, but he eventually gave his best. Needless to say, it was mispelt but it is okay to make mistake, just do not repeat it. YOU CAN DO IT. YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN YOU!
Next is music lesson, it went by like a rocket. I have to say this boy has groove and rhythm! Hands down, better than me! He taught me how to count the beats while he was having his lesson. "Yes, boy, I saw how you counted the beats and I understand it now. Thank you for teaching me"
Piano teacher was pleased with him and I am happy about it!
Happy Child, Happy Teacher, Happy Mother!
At the library, we went separate way as both of us want to deep dive into finding our kind of books. Barely ten minutes and I heard him calling for me. HE IS GOOD at selecting his choice of books. He took a book on baby kangaroo, wildlife, dinosaur (that's a definite subject) and zoo trip. He didn't make any sound while I was looking for my books. Once he was done with browsing his books, he asked for permission to the audio section to get his Dinosaur Shows. Initially, he wanted us to move over to the children sections' to do our reading but eventually, he said lets go home. Because it was getting late!
Discipline and he knows what he needs to do.
In summary, we spent quality time together; played at the OT office, lunched in peace, read quietly. What can I say more?
IT IS ALL WORTH IT!
P.S.
Due to overtired and not realising it himself, he threw a fit. Which tired child is not like this? The fun of parenthood!
Comments
Post a Comment