Day 1-Lessons I learnt from MOTC
The past 5 days of intensive training was inspiring and to a certain extent, it was overwhelming, well, in a good way.
Master of the Century taught me a couple of valuable life lessons:
Nas Daily:
Message 1: "Make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler"
Example: speaking slower and using simpler vocabulary so that the other person is able to understand and respond back. Yet, at the same time, do not give technical names or lingo as they may not comprehend. If they are interested, they can find out themselves. Moreover, information is just a click away, internet is like a treasure trove!
Message 2: "Creativity grows in CAPTIVITY"
Example: my first few essays suck big time and I spent a great deal of time putting ideas into the essays. DO I GIVE UP? NO, I must keep practicing till I succeed. Surely, with my sheer determination to read news daily will one day improve my writing.
REPEAT until YOU GET A GOOD ONE!
ALWAYS be IMPROVING-the next piece of essay should be better than the previous. The next bake should be more tasty then the prior one.
Message 3: DO NOT QUIT!
Gaur Gopal Das:
Message 4: Compete with myself!
Example: be a better version of myself everyday; focus on self-excellence: Sun Microsystem and FB; Microsoft and Apple
Message 5: CHANGE!
Example: Be rigid in your values, flexible in your methods
growth and success come from mistakes; be willing to make mistakes; learn to manage failures and improve
Message 6: Contribute
Example: Make a difference in life
Andrew Mathews:
Acceptance
Persistence
Gratitude
To fight negative thought: Ask myself what is one good thing out of it?
Example: Fighting with Shah. The good thing is he still loves me, we reconcile and still reunite.
However, as I read the book Follow Your Heart, the reason why I keep quarreling with him is simple. IT IS ME!
Each argument has a learning point and it keeps repeating is because I have not learn.
I felt belittle, and the truth to be told, he never does it. It is me!
I need to change!
I put down my ego, learnt to accept that I need help and I seek help. Example, during the MOTC, during the first conversation with Vince, I was reluctant to tell him that I am a homemaker and I am struggling with my online bakery. Cheryl put me in the right perspective by saying "you are here, you should talk to people to expand your ideas and perhaps they may give you some valuable insight!" I took her advice and spoke honestly to Vince in the follow up conversation. He was very helpful and willing to share with me how he set up his online business. He used WordPress to set up his website and to scale, he used google advert.
In conclusion, MOTC is not all about increasing my financial statue as I first thought so, ended up I came to terms with myself, accepting my situation and reaching out for guidance and mentors. I also learnt to keep things simple, basic is the key and that I must improve for each essay and things I do, thats the way to grow! I know all of this and yet, I dont practice it! From now onward, I will practice them.
Next, setting up Life Goal and Trading Plan (long overdue!)
Comments
Post a Comment